Monday, October 27, 2008

Using My Leftover Pumpkin



I decided to make these simple muffins to use up some leftover pumpkin I had from the previous recipe. These are quite tasty, unadorned muffins with just the right amount of spice.

I used the recipe from the Muffin Top blog, but didn't pay close attention while making it, and mixed all the sugar and spice in instead of saving some for the top. I didn't use pumpkin pie spice - I just used ground cloves and a little less cinnamon than called for (I pinched some out of the mixing bowl once I realized that I added ALL the spice at once)

I also overfilled the pan (I consider a muffin top a GOOD thing in baked goods ;) ) and ended up with 7 generously sized muffins.

This recipe is going in the permanent collection - it's very easy to whip up, and would take well to additions - cranberries, raisins, cinnamon chips, etc. Next time I'll definitely follow the instructions and put the cinnamon sugar mixture on top - the Muffin Top blogger's photos look delish!

No comments: