Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin White Chocolate Macadamia Bars


Today was an absolutely GORGEOUS day in Washington, DC, and it put me in the mood to bake something fall-ish. I found this recipe on the Nestle website, and decided it would nicely take care of my pumpkin craving.

These pumpkin bars are very tasty, but if I make them again they're going in a 13x9 pan. I used my jelly roll pan, but as you can see from the picture, the bars are super thin. These aren't good bars for a bake sale, or for mailing. They're fragile, and would be great served as a warm dessert with vanilla ice cream.

Hopefully I'll have another pumpkin recipe up tomorrow, as I have a lot of pumpkin left over from this. The grocery store was sold out of the regular sized cans of pumpkin, so I bought a huge one knowing I'd use it.

Have a great Monday everyone!

No comments: