Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Welcome to my baking blog!

I'm M.K., a 24 year old government contractor in Washington, DC by day, Martha Stewart wannabe by night.I never made any baked goods from scratch until about a year ago, when I finally had my own kitchen to wreck. I'm completely addicted to reading food/baking blogs, so decided to start a humble little blog of my own to document my baking adventures.

I actually baked today's recipe yesterday evening, but life happened and I didn't create this blog until today. This recipe comes from All Recipes, and can be found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beths-Spicy-Oatmeal-Raisin-Cookies/Detail.aspx

I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of 3 minor details:

- I soaked the raisins in hot water for about 15 minutes to plump them. I then drained them, and dried with a paper towel.
- I chilled the dough before rolling into balls
- I baked on parchment paper (cooks a bit more evenly that way I've found)

These were VERY good, but not as special as I expected based on the reviews. If I make them again I'll add more cinnamon and a bit more salt. Walnuts or toffee bits would be a good addition as well. I have homemade oreos in the oven as I post this, so update on those later!

Thanks for coming by SugarSugar!

No comments: